Saturday, August 18, 2012

Has it really been this long?

When I originally created this blog I was a major scrapbook addict, but as my cake baking evolved and became a business I found myself having less and less time to scrapbook or do any other crafting.  I still love doing it and I know that one day I will start  again.  Lord knows I have quite an investment in paper, embellishemnts and such.  I have said several times that I would do a yard sale, but cannot find it in my heart to depart of all of these beautiful things that I know I will put to good use again.  This decision goes totally against my belief of "If you haven't used it in a year, get rid of it". 

I've decided to reopen this blog again because it's another creative outlet for me.  Am I a writer?  Oh, heavens, no!  It's a way of sharing a little bit of me and the things I love to do that are not just cake: a picture that called my attention, a quote that touched me, a thought that haunted me, time spent with my family, a Bible verse that impacted me, how God is working in my life, well, you get the picture. Let's say it's in some twisted way therapeutic for a person with such a wierd personality as mine.   I know some may say:  "well, what is this need for attention and desire for everyone to read about your life." It really isn't about that at all, and honestly, I really don't have to justify the reason. You really don't have to read it if you don't want to.  


1 comment:

Emmaly Narvaez said...

Me alegra mucho q estes haciendo el come back ;). Asi como impresionas con los cakes tambien impresionas con tus creaciones de scrapbook. Lo mas q amo del scrapbooking son las personas especiales q he conocido y una de ellas eres tu. un abrazo y besitos de mariposita!!! <3